상세페이지

자유게시판

글쓰기

일반 | 10 Things You Learned In Kindergarden That Will Help You With Audi G28

• Marc
  • 24-05-06 01:49
  • 조회수 4
Subaru-logo.pngHow to Replace an audi car key cover G28 Engine Speed Sensor

Charles the Humble Technician shows you how to replace the G28 Engine Speed Sensor. This sensor audi spare Key cost is located near the transmission's edge, above the flywheel gear. It sends a message to the ECU via an uncolored wire T55/49, then to the tachometer located on the instrument cluster.

1. Engine Speed Sensor

The grey wire is situated on the edge of transmission, just above the flywheel ring. This sensor sends a signal via the grey wire to pin T55/49. The ECU uses this information to regulate fuel and boost. It also sends an indication to the G5 Tachometer located in the instrument cluster.

The sensor serves as a reference for comparing with the G40 Camshaft Position Sensor. The ecu needs to know when the crankshaft is TDC and the location of the camshaft so it can activate spark and injectors in the right way.

If this sensor fails to function, the ECU will display a P00160 error code. This means that the Crank Shaft is not in sync with the Intake Camshaft. It could also indicate the possibility of a chain stretch or jumpy chain link in the upper timing chain. However the code will not be displayed on its own without additional information from other sensors (G4 and G40).

It is a little tricky to test because there are different pins on the connector and each one has different functions. The best method for doing this is by measuring the resistance between the ECU and the sensor. It should read around 1000 ohms when it is operating at its maximum. Look for evidence of coolant or oil in the connector bay if you have problems with this part.

2. Injectors

Yesterday, while accelerating at full speed from the highway paytoll, i experienced massive power loss like the engine is out of gas or injectors aren't firing at all. In the morning, i removed the spark plugs. Three were soaked with gazoline and the 4th one was dry. When I crank the engine without sparks i put tissue on the top of each of the injector holes and the 3 that were drenched in gazoline pop out, but the 4th stays closed. I checked the ground connection of ECU pins 14,30 and 48/55. I found zero ohm. I'm assuming that the issue is somewhere else.

I also tried to reset the PID but without success. The car will start when the G28 is disconnected, but it works fine when the G28 plugged in. However the intermittent misfire issue continues to occur at higher RPM. The coolant sensor (G62) even when it is unplugged, shows temperatures of -49c. I also noticed that the oil gauge in the cockpit shows 2 bars but the actual pressure is 0.

I don't know what to do. I think I've eliminated everything else. But i am afraid i might have missed something. If anyone has any ideas please let me know! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump in the g28 can be activated by a signal sent by the RPM sensor. The GM-style sensor is the same as the G4 and both function in the 80 100, 200, UrS and RS2 cars which is why you can easily locate one at a salvage yard or in a local parts store. It is simple to test them: simply switch your DMM into resistance mode and measure the distance between pins 1 and 2 (with the bump on the connector's edge facing upwards). They must be infinite ohms.

4. ECU

The ECU in our 20vt turbo (3B AAN ABY ADU) engines must know both the speed and position of the crankshaft to make decisions regarding timing of fuel injectors, etc. To do this, it makes use of a Crank Position Sensor (G4) and an Engine Speed Sensor (G28). If you are experiencing issues with either one of these, the diagnostic scanner will display the codes that could trigger an engine shut down.

A failing G28 sensor could result in an inaccurate speed counter for the gearbox and a gearbox which shifts more quickly than normal, and/or an unfire when in gear. If you experience any of these issues, it is likely your sensor is deteriorating and requires replacement. The good thing is that they are very cheap and easy to find particularly when you're looking at the Bosch unit which is what ours are. Alternately, GM's version this part is an excellent choice.

5. Tachometer

A malfunctioning engine speed sensor could be a cause for many issues in your car. It is a crucial part of your audi advance key's transmission, because it communicates to the ECU about how fast or slow the vehicle's crankshaft is rotating. This sensor could cause the transmission to fail and other components of the car to be affected.

happy-young-woman-with-key-sitting-in-new-car-2022-12-16-21-31-14-utc-min-scaled.jpgThe G5 engine speed sensor is located at the edge of the transmission, above the flywheel ring gear and transmits a signal to the ECU at pin T55/49, via a grey wire. The ECU then processes this signal to control fuel, timig, and boost, and also transmitting it to the G5 tachometer inside the instrument cluster. You can check the sensor for any failure by checking the continuity between it and the tachometer. You can also check continuity between ECU pin T55/49 and the instrument cluster connection on pin T6a/1 (trace [79]) and between pin T6a/1 and the instrument cluster pin T26a/12. You should see around 1000 ohms of resistance between these two points. This is the same across the audi spare key Cost 80-100-200-RS2 range, from the 1985 MC up to the 1997 UrS AN and 1995 RS2 DU You may also find some good ones in wrecking yards.

게시물 댓글 0

• 등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

backward top home